Our classic "Lady Bird" clutch is a beautiful one pocket carryall with a large pocket and an essential card holding slot inside. This version is made from premium Natural Veg-Tan leather from the World Famous Horween Tannery in Chicago, Il., and is shown here stitched in White Maine Thread Company thread and Brass hardware.
• 4"H x 8.75"W
• Hand cut from Natural Veg-Tan leather.• Hand saddle-stitched with Maine Thread Company waxed polycord thread to maintain strength and durability.
• Interior card slot which holds your 2-3 essential cards or a few business cards.
• The edges are hand beveled (rounded), sanded, and burnished with Gum Tragacanth for a very smooth and durable finish.
• Original Tannery South Leather Co. Tried & True design.
• One "Lady Bird" clutch in Natural Veg-Tan leather stitched in your choice of premium Maine Thread Company thread.
• One matching wrist strap, measuring approximately 9 inches including hardware.
Natural Vegetable Tanned Leather is steer hide that has been tanned with tannin found in tree bark and other vegetable matter, it is neither dyed nor oiled (thus explaining it’s skin like appearance). It is a full grain leather, meaning the top side has not been sanded, buffed, or otherwise corrected to the remove natural patterns and grain. Because of this, the fibers remain in tact and strong. The material is greatly influenced by its environment and will initially change color like human skin when exposed to direct sunlight. This leather ages to a beautiful dark caramel brown, and will burnish darker in spots of frequent contact.